Increasing Your Google Rankings with SEO – Meta Tags – Keywords
SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- This is how search engines like google, yahoo, and msn index a website and rank it.
- Make sure the exact keyword phraseyou want to rank is in your title, description and keywords for the page.
- Example: Title (of the page) Let’s talk sunflowers; Description- general thoughts on sunflowers; Keywords – Starla Criser, sunflowers, Kansas, sunflower gift ideas
- Title: Include your best keyword in the title of the site.
- Description: Search engines do not actually look for this. Keep this to a 3-4 keyword description of the product (book or website).
- Use a specific phrase for stronger commercial intent, like the name of the article or book.
- The exact keyword phrase needs to be in the body of the post, maybe even 4-5 times in a 500 word article.
- Include a link on the page somewhere that makes the keyword phrase the anchor text and link it to your home page.
- Make sure the page URLs include the keyword phrase, especially if you use WordPress.
- Aim for having your main page keyword appearing twice in the first paragraph, once in the second paragraph and scattered throughout the rest of the text.
- This is how often your main keyword is used in your site.
- Keyword Density Analyzer is a free way to check the word depth of any web page. You should aim for a density of 2-5 percent.
Using Google Keyword Tool
- This will test the search volume of the keyword on the search engines. Google Keyword Tool
Using the You Tube Keyword Tool
- Use this tool to get new keyword ideas for your You Tube video. You Tube Keyword Tool