Marketing Tips for Writers
Marketing with Keywords
- • Website: Use the genres in which you write as keywords.
- • Homepage: Use your name and genre in the title.
- • Blog: Use keywords when you blog. If your blog doesn’t have your name, use your name as a keyword.
Marketing with Links
- • Include your website link in your signature every time possible.
- • Connect with groups, forums or associations in your genre.
- • If you write ebooks, join EPIC (Electronically Published Internet Connection)
- • Use the links to groups, forums or associations to promote your writing business by writing a blog, an article, hosting a chat, or inviting author members to your blog.
- • Follow editors that fit your genre on Twitter or Facebook.
- • Consider having your own yahoo group to promo yourself and other authors in your genre. Connect it to the Yahoo Promotion Loop Schedule.
Marketing with Promotional Items
- • Find unique places that fit an element of your story to leave bookmarks.
- • Leave bookmarks at a place you will do a book signing.
- • Consider doing a book signing or leaving bookmarks at stores specific to your genre or story element, such as a guest ranch, a sporting goods store, a gay bookstore, or an adult bookstore.
Marketing with a Calendar
• Make your calendar (Yahoo) public so your readers can find out what you are doing for book signings, speaking engagements, blog tours, etc.
Branding Your Writing
- • Examples from Kayelle Allen: Erotic Science Fiction Romance; Romance Lives Forever (her immortal character stories); Unstoppable heroes, Uncompromising love, Unforgettable passion
- • Example of Patricia Davids: Bold drama, rich faith…pure romance
- • Gordon Kessler: Writers Matrix
- • Paige Tyler: Sexy, Romantic Fiction
• A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing blog
• Romance Author Promo Call Blog: A list of places seeing author goodies for conventions, book fairs, etc. with contests for authors
• Yahoo Promotion Loop Schedule is a schedule showing what days various groups allow promotions
© 2011 Starla Kaye