Easy Ways to Promote Your Book
- Coffee mug: Have a mug made with your cover emblazed on it. Put the mug in your office to hold candy for visitors who stop in. Set it on your desk to hold your business cards. Have several of them for you office visitors to use for drinking coffee.
- T-shirt: Put your book cover, website address, and other information you want to publicly share on a T-shirt to wear at the gym, out jogging, or other places you go.
- Book with you: Carry a copy of your book with you at all times, especially if you ride public transportation. Carry postcards and bookmarks, too, to hand out to interested people.
- Bookmarks: Use one with your book cover on it to hold your place in books you take with you out in the public to read.
- Email Signature: List the book title beneath your name and hyperlink it to your website or where it can be purchased. Some email services also let you add your brand icon, your cover banner, or your cover.
- Author Pages at Book Groups: Join and create pages to list your book or all of your books at Authors Den, Goodreads, Library Thing, and some review sites have author pages.
- Guest Author Blogging: Find places to blog within your genre or on subjects relating to your book.
- Virtual Book Tour: Find other authors in your genre to ask about cross-blogging (they post on your blog, you post on their blog) or hire the blog tour arranging services of an online promotional company. Companies such as Goddess Fish Promotions or Honey Bee Promotions. The services are very reasonable.