Writing an Author’s Press Release
Purpose of a press release
- A press release is an attempt to show an editor or reporter of the newsworthiness of the author and the book.
- They can be sent alone by email or postal mail.
- They can be part of a press kit.
- Use Times New Roman or Courier.
- Keep it to one page for radio and television.
- Include interviews, photos, a review copy of the book, and the basic press release.
- Put keyword links in the release.
- Add your releases to your website and put them into an RSS feed for increased visibility.
What to include
- Your name, address, phone number
- Title, page length, price, ISBN
- A quick teaser to the story line
- A quick author promo with awards received
- Brief recommendations or reviews
- Buy Link information or where can be purchased
- Bill Stoller’s Publicity Insider – He has a good sample press release format.
- eHow Money-How to Write a Proper Press Release
- Authors: How to write a press release for your book